Najeeb Al-Shorbaji at a glance
Born on 1 November 1954 in Aqbet Jabr, Near Jericho. Educated in UNRWA schools there and in Baqa Camp, then Government schools in Baqa and Sweileh. Went to University of Jordan and University of Wales. Retired from WHO as Director of Knowledge, Ethics and Research end of August 2015. Currently lives in Amman, Jordan and works in freelance consulting, research, mentoring, and writing in addition to some voluntary scientific activities.
• Tawjihi, June 1973.
• Bachelor, English Language and Business Administration, University of Jordan, February 1977.
• Post-Graduate Diploma, Library and Information Science, University of Jordan, June 1979.
• Master’s Degree, Information Science, University of Wales, UK, December 1983.
• PhD, Information Science, University of Wales, UK, March 1986.
• Advanced training courses in statistical analysis, Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS-X), CDS\ISIS, DBASE III+, FoxBase, FoxPro, MS SQL, ACCESS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus 123, Harvard Graphics; Information Technology Project Management, leadership and management, health informatics and global health diplomacy.
MEMBERSHIP IN SCIENTIFIC AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
• Founding member of the IMIA International Academy of Health Sciences Informatics(2017).
• Member of the Steering Committee of HIFA(Health Information for All), UK-based Non-government organization since September 2015.
• Member of the Jordan Library and Information Association, Secretary 1982 and Vice-President 1989-1994, Board Member since April 2016.
• Member of the Jordan Computer Societysince 1985.
• Member of ASLIB, Association for Information Management, UK (1982-1987), Corporate Membership since 1996.
• Founding member and Coordinator of CDS\ISIS User Group, Jordan, 1990-1994.
• Founding member of MINISIS User Group, Jordan, 1990.
• Member of the Editorial Board of Jordanian Journal of Library and Information Science (Rissalat Al-Maktaba), 1986-1990 and since April 2016. 31/05/2017.
• Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Information Development, 1993.
• Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of eHealth Technology and Application since 2007.
• Member of the Jordan National Information Centre’s Technical Committee and Chairman of the Sub-committee on Information (1993-1994).
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals(CILIP), UK since 1982.
• Member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
• Member of Arab Knowledge Management Society (AKMS).
• Honorary Member of the International Medical Informatics Association(IMIA).
• Member of the Editorial Board of the Arabic Journal of Archives, Documentation and Information, since 2017.